Sunday, December 14, 2008

24 week appointment

My 24 week appointment was on December 10. This was the appointment to check my blood sugar to see if I will have gestational diabetes (diabetes just during pregnancy). I had to drink this sugary orange drink 45 minutes prior to my appointment. I heard a lot of terrible things about this drink....but I was told by many to drink it fast and chill it before drinking it. I did and it definitely helped. I thought it was gonna be much worse. So after an hr of drinking this, the nurse took blood. I should find out this coming week what the results are. I saw my OB after..very quick appointment. He was just upset that the tech last week at the fetal echo didn't get more pictures of the baby's face, cuz I don't really have any good pictures. (But granted, she was not cooperative that day). So he insisted I go back. One of the nurses was nice enough to call over to the ultrasound place and she got me to go right over there. When I went there, the same tech who did my last two ultrasounds was there. She wondered why I was back and I told her. So she insisted on doing 3D images of her face to get a better look. I was very excited about that. Rich and I had been thinking about doing the 3D pics but they charge at my OB's office a hefty fee. And since we have other bills, we figured we'd not do them. So it was a nice treat to get free pics. Let me just say that when I saw her in 3D reality hit me that she is actually growing inside me and that she is gonna be a real baby. I am definitely fell in love with her that day. I think she looks a lot like Rich, but you can be the judge of that. At 24 weeks and 5 days she measure 1 lb, 8 oz...so she's in the 40th percentile for weight. The only thing they saw that we have to watch is that my amniotic fluid level is slightly high. I am sure my OB will be watching that closely. So here she is for you all to see!.....














No comments: